Apartments and Rooms at Poggio Etrusco
The apartment prices are as follows (electricity included, heating extra -- click on the name of the apartment to see some photos):
- Ginestra: Apartment with one double bedroom (twin or matrimonial), living room/kitchen with fireplace and one bathroom. Ground floor, private porch.
Euro 1200/week (Euro 175/night, 2 night minimum), includes breakfast
- Margherita: A matrimonial room for bed & breakfast stays. Private bathroom and private entrance.
Euro 85/night, includes breakfast (2 night minimum)
- Note: Ginestra can also be joined with Margherita to make a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment:
Ginestra and Margherita together, Euro 1750/week, includes breakfast
- Gelsomino: Two bedroom apartment (two matrimonial bedrooms), living room/kitchen with fireplace, and one bathroom. Upstairs, airy and light.
Euro 1550/ week (Euro 225/night, 2 night minimum), includes breakfast
- Girasole: Two bedroom apartment (one matrimonial bedroom and one twin or matrimonial bedroom ), living room/kitchen with fireplace, and two bathrooms. Upstairs, very spacious with exceptional views. Has internal stairs, may not be appropriate for toddlers.
Euro 1875/week (Euro 275/night, 2 night minimum), includes breakfast
How to find Poggio Etrusco
Via del Pelago 11, Loc Fontecornino
53045 S.Albino di Montepulciano (SI)
Between Montepulciano and Chianciano Terme.
Arrive by the autostrada A1
From Florence: A1 south from Florence. Exit at Val di Chiana
From Rome: A1 north from Rome. Exit at Chiusi
Follow the indications below
If you are using GPS with the address only, or internet maps, please be sure to also print out these directions. GPS only brings you part of the way.
From Florence: A1 south from Florence. Exit at Val di Chiana, go to Montepulciano. When you arrive to the main gate of Montepulciano, go around the little traffic circle to the left, toward Chianciano Terme. When you reach the three-way intersection for San Biagio (to the right) and Pienza (straight), turn left toward Chianciano Terme and Chiusi. This is SS 146.
From Rome: A1 north from Rome. Exit at Chiusi, go left toward Chianciano Terme and Montepulciano. This is SS 146.
Poggio Etrusco is off SS 146 which goes between Montepulciano (to the north) and Chianciano Terme (to the south). When you reach the village of S.Albino, turn east on Via del Cipresso. It may be difficult to see the sign for this road, but there a sign for ‘Zona Artigianale’ and the Hotel Due Cigni, very close to Hotel/Ristorante Tre Stelle (note Tre Stelle, you'll enjoy a meal there later!). You follow this road 2.3 kms. until it makes a hard right… immediately on the left you will see a small wooden sign for Poggio Etrusco. Turn left there (it is Via del Pelago, but it is not marked); we are the second structure on the right (the first is a fruit storehouse); the driveway is easily spotted by the large wine barrels.
Our prices have not changed for ten years, however the comune of Montepulciano has imposed a new tourist tax that is to be paid in cash at the end of your stay. The amount is one euro per person per night for guests 12 years and older.
Self-service laundry is available on the premises. Cleaning service is available. Cellular telephone rental can be arranged.
To reserve, a deposit of 50% is required. Full refund is available with a 90-day cancellation notice (less a Euro 25 handling fee). To check availability, please feel free to contact us.
Poggio Etrusco can be easily accessed by car from the Val di Chiana exit of the A1 (the major autostrada between Rome and Florence. There is a Hertz office in Chiusi, the major train station near us).
Within 15 minutes of Poggio Etrusco
- The wine-inspired hilltop town of Montepulciano
- Charming Renaissance Pienza and Monticchiello
- Medieval Montefollonico
- The Etruscan town of Chiusi
- The spa town of Chianciano Terme
Within 30 minutes of Poggio Etrusco
- Montalcino, famed for Brunello wine
- San Giovanni d’Asso, home of white truffles
- Bagno Vignone, site of an ancient Roman Bath
- Mt. Amiata, the extinct volcano
- Under the Tuscan sun in Cortona
- Sarteano, San Quirico d’Orcia, Cetona, and other colorful towns
Within 45 minutes to an hour from Poggio Etrusco
- Siena, Chianti, Arezzo
- The Umbrian towns of Perugia, Orvieto, Assisi and Deruta
Day Trips from Poggio Etrusco
- Rome and the Vatican